Seed Potatoes Jersey Benne 2kg
Yum! Freshly dug potatoes out of your own garden – you will love them! Here are some tips for you.
1. Choose an area to create your garden if you haven’t done so already. Make sure it gets the sun! Dig through some Organic Compost and Sheep Pellets. If you are planting them in pots, make sure you get a good quality mix!
2. Spread the seed potatoes out in a dry area and allow the sprouts to develop to approximately 1 to 2 centimetres in length.
3. Planting: Create a trough - ideally in a sunny sheltered area - roughly 15 centimetres in depth and add Intelligro’s Potato Fertiliser at a rate of 200g per square metre.
Mix into the soil. Fill the trough with the fertilised soil back to 10 centimetres high. For pot planting, make sure they have good drainage.
4. Place the seed potatoes 25 centimetres apart in a row with the sprouts pointing upwards before gently covering with the remaining soil.
5. Continue to mound the soil around the potato plant as it grows to around 5 to 10 centimetres high, as this will protect the potatoes from greening and insect damage.
6. Once harvested store in a cool dark place to retain their freshness.
These take approximately 80-90 days to mature
*PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE SEED POTATOES AND NEED TO BE SPROUTED, THEN PLANTED TO DEVELOP INTO EDIBLE POTATOES