Skip to content
Make Your Own Seed Tape
You will need:
- Toilet paper
- Small seeds like carrot, lettuce or radish
- Flour and water
- Paint brush
- Cardboard or paper for labels
- Lollipop stick or similar
- Glitter, stickers, fur, felt pens etc
- Cut some toilet paper to about 1 metre long. Then cut it in half long ways.
- Mix the flour and water together in a container, until it makes a sticky paste. Make sure it’s not too thick.
- Dab small amount of flour paste in the middle of the paper. Use a lollipop stick or similar to make sure the glue is placed evenly apart.
- Get two seeds and carefully place them in the flour paste. Continue doing this until you reach the end of the toilet paper.
- Fold the toilet paper in half lengthways to cover the seeds inside the paper.
- Roll the finished seed tape up and tie together with a length of string.
- Next make a label from scrap paper or cardboard, you with the name of the seeds inside. Use your imagination with decorating the label, have fun and then gift them if you can’t use them yourself!!