- ½ cup skin-on almonds
- 2lb. carrots, trimmed, peeled
- 2Tbsp. plus ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2½ tsp salt, divided, plus more
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ cup canned chickpeas
- 3Tbsp. (or more) fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ tsp. hot smoked paprika
- ½ cup coarsely chopped parsley, plus leaves for serving
Preheat oven to 180°. Toast almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, tossing halfway through, until slightly darkened and fragrant, 8–10 minutes. Let cool; set aside.
Cut any thick carrots in half lengthwise, then slice all carrots crosswise into 4 pieces. Toss on a parchment-lined baking sheet with 2 Tbsp. oil and 1 tsp. salt. Spread carrots out evenly on baking sheet and roast, stirring once or twice, until very tender and starting to shrivel and brown (but not char), about 1 hour.
Transfer carrots to a food processor; add garlic, chickpeas, lemon juice, pepper, paprika, chopped parsley, ½ cup oil, 1½ tsp. salt, and reserved almonds. Process, adding more oil as needed, until mixture is almost completely smooth. Taste dip and add more lemon juice and/or salt if needed.
Transfer dip to a small bowl, drizzle with more oil, and top with parsley leaves.
Note: Dip can be made 1 week ahead. Cover and chill.