This is so quick and easy to make, you can double the ingredients if you have visitors, and a lot of the ingredients are what you would have as staples in your pantry too. Served with garlic bread is divine.
You will need
- 2x courgettes
- 150g pasta (your favourite shape/type)
- 4x strips of smoked bacon (or you can use smoked chicken)
- Cooking oil
- Chilli flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, toss the courgettes in 1 tbsp of cooking oil and season.
- Heat a griddle pan until hot, then griddle the courgettes in batches until tender and grill-marked on both sides (you could do this on the BBQ as well). As they are done, remove to a bowl and cover with a plate to keep warm.
- HEAT THE remaining 11/2 tbsp of cooking oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon/chicken until crisp and golden. Add the garlic, turn down the heat so it doesn’t burn, and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the chilli flakes, if using.
- Drain the pasta, reserving a mug of the cooking water. Tip the pasta and courgettes into the bacon pan with 2 tbsp of the cooking water, and toss everything together. Season well and serve.